Friday 9 October 2009

Tomorrow is the day!!! - Take 2!

I cant quite believe it, but tomorrow i am going to have my gastric band fitted! It doesnt quite seem real, but it really is going to go ahead this time, no hiccups! Today has been a bit like the final weeks of pregnancy when you start 'nesting'! Ive cleaned the house all through, hoovered, bleached, polished, mopped! The cupboards are stocked up and all last minute bits of shopping done too!! I have just packed by bag, nightie, dressing gown, slippers, toiletries, magazines, sudoku, note pad & pen and in the morning i will pack my laptop just in case im up to it!

I feel quite relaxed actually, not anxious at all, although that could be a different story tomorrow!

Last night Mr Li (my surgeon) rang me, he sounds absolutely lovely! he went through everything with me. Because i went down to Dolan Park yesterday for blood tests, i will be one of the first on the list! So im really pleased about that, cant bear the thought of sitting waiting all day watching everyone being taken down to theatre before me. I explained my fear of waking up in agony, which happened to me a few years ago after having a laparoscopy, so he put my mind at rest there and assured me he would speak to the anesthetist about putting in a bit of extra pain-killer to hopefully prevent this (felt like a bit of a wimp!) He was very nice and very reassuring and it just so happens that when he rang me i was in curry's buying a nintendo wii fit! He was well impressed!!

So thats it, im just going to chill out and try to relax tonight.................got an early start tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment