Friday 2 October 2009

5 days to go!!

This pre-op diet is going so quick, im half way there already! 5 days to go!!

I have an appointment at the Nuffield this afternoon with the dietician, which i think is to discuss the post-op diet with me. From what i have read the first week is pretty much the same as the pre-op diet slimfast/milk.

Im just more worried about the pain, please dont let me be in pain!! Obviously i expect to be sore and some discomfort but im hoping this will be minimal. I have always felt i have a high pain threshold, i have had 3 children with very little pain
relief! But 2 years ago i had a exploratory laparoscomy due to gynae problems and when i came
round from the anesthetic i was in absolute excruciating agony which caused loads of concern in recovery so much so that i was there for nearly 3 hours while they were trying to stabilise my pain, they were giving me morphine and all sorts! Apparently it is normal after such minor surgery to be back on the ward within an hour at the most. Im not sure what caused so much pain, as it was such a minor procedure, i was told it must have been caused by the gas they use to inflate your stomach wall away from your organs to give them good access, which is why i am worried i will have the same pain this time as they do the same thing with gas. I have spoke to the surgeon about this and he has said to remind him on the day and he will let the anesthetist know.

I will be back later to give an update on the dietician appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment