Monday 28 September 2009

Decision Time

I had thought on and off over the last 2 years about a gastric band but i always kidded myself that 'im not that big' or 'my BMI would not be high enough' . I always believed that eventually i would be able to 'get a grip' and sort out my weight issues, but it was never to be. The more weight i put on, the harder the mountain to climb so in the end i gave up.

I finally made my decision to go for a gastric band on my birthday, 47 years old and here i was still not wanting to buy clothes 'until i lose some weight' not wanting to go out with friends 'until i lose some weight' and i made the decision there and then that i was not prepared to let any more time go by, or waste any more years and reach another birthday and still feel so unhappy with myself.

So that was it, i did lots of research on the internet and realised there was people much younger than me and with lower BMI's than me having gastric bands and them saying "best thing i ever did", "wish i'd done this years ago". The more i read the more i knew that this was the answer for me, that my battle would be over, i could finally achieve a 'normal' weight and walk into any high street shop and see an outfit i like knowing they would have my size in it.

I made an appointment and went for my consultation and that is it, the date is set for the 7th October.

No comments:

Post a Comment